Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Today

Today I woke up and stretched. I took a shower, got dressed, walked to Starbucks and got an ice coffee. Then took the bus to work. On my way I saw a truck carrying three giant strawberries. This made me smile. It was good to smile. I have been very sad these past few weeks. Despairing even.

At lunch I decided to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.



 As I ate a ring-billed gull landed in front of me. He just hung out. He wanted my food. I talked to him and said I didn't want to feed him but the more I talked to him the closer he came! And then something startled him so he flew off only to perch on top of the building opposite me from where he continued to eye my lunch. I kept eating and he came down to the floor again, right in front of me. Finally, (I knew I shouldn't have) I gave him a piece of my tortilla. He gobbled it up. And started to come closer. Then I moved back into the office. He kept hanging out. Waited a long time for me to feed him again and I felt sorry. So I gave him another piece. And shut the glass door. He was there a while. I wonder if he'll come back tomorrow.




I think his name is Barry.
I made a pattern of him. :)




No comments: